9.18.2010

RedFest 2011: Ben Lee and Mates of State



I am not much of a concert goer but when I found out who was coming to RedFest I realized that I just can't miss. I have been listening to Ben Lee for years and Mates of State I picked up over the last couple of months and love them. After Ben Lee played I went and had my picture taken with him (thanks Mel). Can I say that I have never been so star-strucked in my life!!!! I was shaking and red all over. This is how the conversation went:

Me: "Can I take a picture with you?

Ben: "Of course" (don't forget he has the cutest Australian accent)

The picture is taken and then I turned around and looked at him for a few awkward star-struck seconds and say:

"I love you. (long pause).......I have been listening to you for years (long pause and star-struck staring)"

Ben: "Really? That's great!" He seemed really surprised by this because I don't think anyone at the show even knew who he was (most of the audience were about 18 - 20 years old, I think my comment also showed my age).

That's it. I know you don't really think it's that exciting or funny, but I loved it and am laughing as I write this. The only other famous people I have had encounters with are: Parker Posey and Paris Hilton (I also told Paris that I loved her).

I also forget to tell you that I gave him a hug, I don't know when but I know it was really awkward.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

NO FREAKING WAY!!
I am so jealous of you, Jenica. I love, love, love the picture!

Whitney said...

You look star-struck. I heart Mates of State.

Denique said...

Haha, cute! Never heard of either...

Camille said...

Oh man! I saw this guy a long long long time ago (2004??) at 'In The Venue' when it used to be called Bricks. He opened for Vanessa Carlton & I totally had a crush on him. :) I'm glad you got to meet him!!!